2019 GORLIN SYNDROME PATIENT CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP FUND GUIDELINES
A conference scholarship program has been made possible by generous support from the 2019 National Conference Presenting Sponsor – Pellepharm, Inc. This exclusive program is available for members to apply for financial assistance to attend the 2019 Gorlin Syndrome Patient Conference in Philadelphia on June 14 – 16, 2019. Funds are limited and all applications will be evaluated based on scholarship guidelines as outlined below.
- Registration fees for two people will be waived, with at least one person per household affected with Gorlin Syndrome.
- Costs for hotel accommodations for up to three nights for one room at the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the conference.
Scholarship Application Period
- Applications will be accepted between March 1 and March 22, 2019. The application process will close at 5 pm on Friday, March 22, 2019. Applicants who receive scholarships will be notified by March 31, 2019.
- To complete the application, you can submit it electronically by clicking here or print it out and mail it to the Gorlin Syndrome Alliance office by clicking here. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Eligibility for Applicants
- Applicants must be registered in the Gorlin Syndrome Alliance (formerly the BCCNS Alliance) office database. If you are not registered as a member of the Gorlin Syndrome Alliance, click here to complete the “Join Us” form or contact our office at 267.689.6443.
- Based upon availability of funds, priority will be given to applicants who clearly demonstrate a need for financial assistance based upon income and family circumstances.
- Each scholarship recipient must commit to volunteer for a designated time during the conference and are expected to attend all conference sessions.
Disbursement of Funds
- Registration fees will be waived for two attendees (see above). A completed registration form is required, however the online registration software will not allow registration without a paid amount, so you must call the office to register over the phone.
- Award recipients must register by April 15, 2019 to confirm the acceptance of the scholarship. If the scholarship recipient does not register by April 15, the available scholarship will be reallocated to another applicant.
- Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed for up to three hotel room night costs at the end of the conference. A hotel receipt is required; you will not be reimbursed without written proof.